Last updated on: 01.12.2020.
We care about the protection of your privacy and personal data and therefore process your personal data in accordance with the applicable law — Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“Regulation”), as well as other legal enactments regulating privacy and data processing issues.
Bookla reserves the right to revise and change this policy at any time, in particular due to changes in the services or applicable laws and regulations, and you shall be responsible for reviewing this policy on a regular basis.
- Controller and its contact information
- Personal data categories
- Purpose of personal data processing
- Log entries
- Security of personal data
- Legal grounds for personal data processing
- Personal data retention period
- Transfer of data to third parties
- Links to other sites
- Google Calendar integration with Bookla Business (on request)
- Children's privacy
- Commercial communications
- Personal data and their transfer
- Your rights
Controller and its contact information
The controller of personal data is SIA “Bookla” (reg. No. 42103099546), legal address: Cesu iela 31, bld.-2, Riga, LV-1012 (“we”, “us”).
Personal data categories
- identification data — name, surname; photograph (optional);
- contact information — phone number, e-mail address.
Purpose of personal data processing
Your data shall be processed for the following purposes:
- Registration for the Bookla App (profile creation);
- Preparation of anonymous statistics on the use of the Bookla App;
- Sending commercial communications.
Furthermore, your personal data together with the Booking details are stored in the Service Provider account for reviewing and analysing the Booking history, as well as for purposes based on the requirements of the regulatory enactments and Service Provider's obligations resulting thereof.
Please be informed that whenever an error occurs during the use of your Bookla App, we, with the help of third-party solutions, collect data and information – log entries – from your phone. These log entries may include the following information: the device's IP address, device name, operating system version, application configuration when you use our service, date and time of using the service, and other statistics.
We process and collect this information in order to improve the Bookla App operation, its efficiency and user experience.
Security of personal data
When processing personal data, we use advanced technological solutions and cooperate with secure service providers, assessing privacy risks and using the organizational and financial resources available to us. We assume responsibility for the data entrusted to us and do not collect or process data that are not necessary for the provision of our services.
Our employees and business partners use the data only for the purposes stated above.
Personal data will be stored in secure cloud computing and server solutions which provide data processing in the EU and EEA territories. When changing providers of such services, we always guarantee to cooperate only with reliable partners which ensure compliance with the requirements of the Regulation. However, we draw your attention to the fact that no electronic storage method is absolutely secure, reliable and flawless, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Legal grounds for personal data processing
We process the personal data of Bookla App users only on the basis of the following legal grounds for data processing:
- your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- data processing is necessary for entering into an agreement with you or for fulfilment thereof, or for taking measures at your request before entering into an agreement;
- data processing is necessary for fulfilling our legal obligations;
- data processing is necessary for protecting your or others’ vital interests;
- data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for public interests;
- data processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests.
Personal data retention period
We store personal data as long as:
- the data are necessary for the purpose for which they were collected;
- the data subject and we can implement our legitimate interests in accordance with the procedures specified in the laws and regulations (to submit objections or bring an action in court);
- there is a legal obligation to store personal data;
- the data subject's consent to the relevant processing of personal data is valid, unless there is another legal basis for data processing.
Transfer of data to third parties
To ensure the operation of the Bookla App, we use the following third-party services that may process your personal data (“Processors”):
|Intercom||Communication with Bookla (messenger)||Name entered by the user; any personal data disclosed in communication with Bookla, including a photo, email, payment information, etc.||Yes (sufficient level of protection is ensured)|
|Stripe*||Making payments||Bank account, name, surname, e-mail||Yes (sufficient level of protection is ensured)|
*Bookla does not have access to the User’s bank or credit card information.
Please read the privacy policies of these third parties and how they process your data.
We do not disclose your personal data to other third parties, except:
- in accordance with your explicit and unambiguous consent;
- to the persons provided for in the regulatory enactments in accordance with the procedures and to the extent specified therein;
- in cases specified in the regulatory enactments for the protection of legitimate interests.
Links to other sites
The Bookla App may contain links to other websites or apps whose data processing rules regarding users' personal data are not managed by Bookla. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to read the confidentiality policy of these websites. We do not control or assume any responsibility for the content and privacy policies of third party websites or services.
Google Calendar integration with Bookla Business (on request)
Services available on the Bookla App do not apply to persons under the age of 13. If it is found that we have received the personal data of a child who is under the age of 13, we'll suspend the Bookla service and delete the data from our systems. If you are the child's parent or guardian and you know that your child has provided personal information, please contact us so that we can take the necessary actions.
In view of the legal relationship between Bookla and the User, and in accordance with the Regulation, Bookla may send a commercial communication based on its legitimate interests. Such communications may be sent regarding services and offers related to the Bookings and the type of Services selected by the User.
Commercial communications of other Services will be sent to the User only if the User has agreed to receive such communications.
A cookie is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by the browser while browsing the website. It allows the server to collect information from your browser, so you don't always have to re-enter data when returning to the website or moving from one page to another. For more information on how cookies work refer to the website www.cookiecentral.com.
- ensure the security of the App and manage it;
- remember the language of use of your App;
- help measure the effectiveness of a marketing campaign;
- collect information on the use of the App allowing us to measure how well the App meets the needs of users and to make any necessary improvements;
- analyse which sections of the App you visit and what options you use.
Some cookies may be placed on your computer by third parties — a service provider that performs certain functions for our needs (e.g., Facebook, Google).
- cookies of information you enter that remain only during the session;
- authentication cookies that remain only during the session.
Personal data and their transfer
The information associated with cookies is not used to identify you personally.
We may share your data with third parties which provide us with services, e.g., Bookla App analytics or customer service. These persons are authorized to use your data only to the extent necessary for providing us with these services.
You have the right to request information about your personal data at any time, to check the accuracy of the information stored and/or to change or update this information. You can also request the complete deletion of your personal data if they are not necessary for further processing.
We will make every commercially reasonable effort to provide you with appropriate access to any of your personal data within 1 month of receiving your request.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take appropriate steps to verify your identity before providing information about the personal data you have requested.
Any complaints and requests may be sent to: email@example.com
If you are of the opinion that we are violating your legal rights, you can lodge a complaint with the Data State Inspectorate at: Blaumana iela 14, Riga, tel.: 67223131, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org